These are Things that Go Through My Head Often:
“This is hard. Why do I have to pay the bills? eat? sleep? keep food on the table? all the other small stuff (cleaning house, washing clothes, car maintenance, etc. etc.)? have some sort of social life? maintain solid work at the day job? Why can’t things just work out on their own? On top of all of that I am trying to create a scalable, maintainable and viable business. I have to think about marketing, development, business development, networking, website, operations, accounting, raising capital… the list goes on. Why can’t I just work on the things I know will be successful? If only I had enough time and resources…” But we won’t ever have enough resources and time. We will just have to live with that. Maybe this is the price we have to pay for this.
But I Keep Telling Myself this:
- If it were easy, everyone would be doing it.
- Life will not pause to let me pursue a dream. It will always be a struggle. If it is getting the business off the ground today, it will be something else tomorrow. A good entrepreneur will never be satisfied with their current state of business.
- The ‘things you just have to do in life’ mentioned above will not go away, so deal with it and work smarter.
- Set yourself up for success. Don’t try to make everything perfect. Whatever your business is, create small, reachable and deliverable goals and get to work!
- Celebrate the victories, but get back to the grind ASAP. Your competitors are working harder.
- Value your time. Do not waste it. You choose your own schedule. At the same time, keep in mind what’s important (family, friends, etc.).
- Be patient. Be diligent. Keep your eyes open for opportunities.